This site, like many others, uses small text files called cookies to help improve your use of the site. A cookie is a piece of data sent to your device from a website. This means the website can recognise your device if you return to the same website. Cookies do not contain personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.
What are ‘Cookies’?
A cookie is a tiny text file placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by websites that you visit. Cookies do lots of useful jobs. They help make websites work smoothly, provide information about how people browse, and make sure any adverts you see are as relevant as possible. Your personal data may be used for personalisation of ads and cookies may be used for personalised and non-personalised advertising.
We use different types of cookies for different things, such as:
- Analysing how you use the website
- Understand who visits our website, how they navigate around it and how easy they find it to use
- Users may find advertising on google and third party websites related to Hobsons International. The content you see may be based on your browsing of this website
These are cookies that are required to run the website and can’t be turned off by the user, unless they disable all cookies in their browser.
Services that set functional cookies on the Hobsons website are:
- A secure random token that is used to prevent attacks. The token needs to be unique per user session and generates a large random value to make it difficult to guess. A secure application assigns a unique token for every user session.
- Cookies are also set to remember your cookie preferences.
Analytics & performance
These cookies allow us to count how many people use our websites and where they come from, so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites. They help tell us which pages are the most and least popular. They also tell us how people use our website and assess if their experience is good or bad. All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and kept anonymous.
If you don't allow these cookies, we won't know if or when you've visited our site, which makes it harder for us to understand how well it's working.
Services that set analytics & performance cookies on Hobsons websites are:
- Google Analytics, which helps us count the amount of people using our website, and how they use it. Please see Google’s policy here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
How do I change my cookie settings?
Our website uses three kinds of cookies. Some are strictly necessary for making our website work well. But you can choose to turn all the others on or off below. You can also manage what cookies are stored on your computer directly by setting your browser to accept or reject certain cookies. Blocking some types of cookies may mean you can't use all the services or features on our sites.
Third-party cookies are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting. Some of our pages may also contain content from other sites like YouTube, which may set their own cookies. If you share a link to a page on our website, the platform you share it on (for example, Facebook) may set a cookie on your browser. We have no control over third-party cookies – you can turn them off, but not through us.
Remember that editing your cookie preferences will not remove any existing cookies from your browser. It’ll only affect the way cookies are used in future.
Turn off cookies in your browser
It's possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies by changing your browser’s cookie settings. We've included some links explaining how to do this below. These settings can also be found in the “options”, "settings" or “preferences” menu of your browser.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful: